We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://understandingprematurity.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Another Request

It's amazing how much need there is, isn't it?

When Charlotte was born, a woman in our church emailed me. She told me how happy she was for our addition, how sad she was that the circumstances were so stressful. She was one of the few people to actually "congratulate" us with genuine sincerity {but not the only person}-- she knew we faced a terrible road ahead (her sister had a micropreemie) but she was genuinely happy for our family growing to a family of four. It was refreshing. Heather helped organize much needed help. She worked quietly and privately, without any fanfare at all. She emailed me regularly, just to check in, to see what we needed and how she could be of help. She emailed me just to say, "Hey, I'm thinking of you." Her emails helped me get through the day quite often. She seemed to know just when I needed a hand, when I was just not going to get up without help. Her emails lifted me.

Now Heather needs some "emails". She has recently been diagnosed with Myelodysplastic Syndrome and as you can imagine, she and her family need some help.

A website has been set up by her fabulous neighbors. The website allows people to donate (to help with the extreme financial burden), to sign up to bring meals, to help with Jayson's growing to-do list, and my personal favorite: a prayer calendar. The prayer calendar allows Heather to know that someone in particular is praying for her that day. So those days when she just can't get up, when she needs a hand up, she'll know who is offering her one. I love it.

If you can help, in anyway, please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment