We've moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://understandingprematurity.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Vacation Pictures

All the Farr cousins. Believe me. This is the best shot we could manage.

Charlotte at the beach!

Siblings. Charlotte 14 months actual, Caleb 3.5 years

Charlotte and her cousin, Sophie. Sophie was SO good with Charlotte.

Have chupi, will travel. Not to pacify, mind you, rather, just to chew on.
The last week of April my siblings, parents, and paternal grandparents rented a house in the Outer Banks. It has been almost 5 years since all of my siblings have been able to attend a vacation together, so it was great. Even better, this is the first time all the cousins have been together. Last summer almost all of them were present for my sister's wedding, but Charlotte was still in the NICU, so she was absent.

Not to get all emotional or anything (that's a hint that I'm about to get all emotional), but seeing Charlotte together with all the other cousins was pretty amazing. Last year at this time, Charlotte was a pretty sick little girl. She was on the oscillator vent and we weren't really quite sure if she could get off of it. To see her sitting around, spending time with her cousins was a gift I just wasn't expecting. It was pretty amazing. At one point, Maeli remarked, "I think Charlotte really likes me! I love spending time with her." I may or may not have run to the bathroom and cried my eyes out. Cried out some big old tears of pure joy.

Maybe.

But I wouldn't tell you if I did.

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say, I love her?! Could she be any cuter on the beach?
    Go ahead and cry-- there is way too much joy in those pictures for it not to overflow :)

    ReplyDelete